that is perfectly suited to sport fishing, displaying the water column in great detail and making it easy to distinguish individual schools of fish and other key features. The
that supports transducers of up to 1000 watts and depending on the transducer can reach depths of up to 3000 meters. Great level of depth penetration and pulse rate in addition to vertical pitch compensation. The Simrad S2009 sonar includes Ethernet connectivity to share sonar data with other Simrad systems, including the NSS evo2 and NSO evo2 multifunction displays. Additionally, the Simrad S2009 can be used as a Broadband Sounder™ module in NSS evo2 systems, freeing up the multifunction display for other purposes such as navigation, radar, or StructureScan® 3D imaging.
Simrad S2009 Fish Finder Key Features :
- Exclusive sonar with integrated Broadband Sounder™ module and CHIRP technology
- Great level of depth penetration and pulse speed
- Vertical pitch compensation
- 9-inch vertical screen
- High brightness, ideal for outdoor installation
- Easy operation with eight menu shortcut keys
- Bracket or flush mounting options (bracket included)
- Ethernet, NMEA0183 and NMEA2000 connectivity
Integrated Broadband Sounder™ Module : The S2009 features an integrated Broadband Sounder™ module with CHIRP technology. Transducer installation is easy with a Plug-and-Play port for Simrad and Airmar transducers with blue 7-pin connectors. Do you already have a suitable transducer installed with a different connector? Optional adapters are available to allow many Simrad, Airmar and other brand transducers to be compatible for easy and cost-effective retrofit integration.
CHIRP Technology : CHIRP sonar technology uses swept-frequency pulses to deliver improved target separation, higher resolution, and sharper imagery than traditional sonar. Simrad offers CHIRP technology not only on dedicated CHIRP transducers, but also on conventional single-frequency transducers. Vessels with a suitable transducer already installed can add CHIRP technology simply by installing a Simrad S2000 series sonar, which is a really cheap upgrade.
Vertical Pitch Compensation : If you have used your sonar in heavy seas, you may have noticed a "wavy" or corrugated pattern of the seafloor on the screen. Pitch compensation works with a compatible satellite compass such as the Simrad HS60 or HS70 to remove the vertical effects of wave action on sonar depth measurements. This eliminates "wavy" distortion from the display and improves bottom tracking accuracy in heavy sea conditions.
9-inch portrait display: The S2009 maximizes screen size where mounting space is limited, with a compact 9-inch portrait display that is perfect for center consoles. Its vertical configuration is perfectly suited to sport fishing, showing the water column in great detail and making it easy to distinguish individual schools of fish and other key features.
White Line, White Marker and Color Erase : The Simrad S2009 fishfinder offers a range of features that allow you to quickly and easily adjust the image on the screen to suit the task at hand.
- White Line Clearly separates the water column from the bottom with a high-contrast white line to improve bottom visibility.
- White Marker Allows you to change any user-selected color in the sonar image to high-contrast white, thereby highlighting particular echo signals that correspond to fish or other targets of interest.
- Erase Color Blends any selected color into the background of the image, allowing you to remove unwanted noise or unimportant features from the image.
Keyboard operation with direct access keys to menus : The S2009 probe is operated by means of an integrated keyboard and a rotary knob. Menu shortcut keys located next to the screen offer intuitive control of on-screen menu options, allowing one-touch access to key functions and settings. With a long and reliable lifespan and a clear tactile feel, the S2009's large buttons are suitable for rough seas, while sailing at speed and with wet or gloved hands.
Rugged Design with Flexible Mounting Options - Designed to meet the needs of offshore sport fishing enthusiasts and commercial fishing operators, the S2009 allows for flush mounting on a console or panel, or mounting with an included gimbal mount. Waterproof rear connectors, which means that the S2009 has an IPX7 level of water resistance on all sides and in any type of installation.
Networking and Expansion - For sharing sonar data with other Simrad systems, including the NSS evo2 and NSO evo2 multifunction displays. Additionally, the Simrad S2009 can be used as a Broadband Sounder™ module in NSS evo2 systems, freeing up the multifunction display for other purposes such as navigation, radar, or StructureScan® 3D imaging. Other networked devices can be connected via the S2009's NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183® ports, allowing additional functionality such as marking a waypoint on the chartplotter using the sonar history display to revisit a promising location.
Insight Genesis Compatible – The S2009 can record sonar history to a full-size SD memory card, which is easily inserted and removed via a waterproof access cover on the front panel. The recorded sonar logs can then be uploaded from your computer (PC or Mac) to the Insight Genesis™ cloud-based service, which automatically creates custom fishing charts for use on your compatible Simrad chartplotter.
Technical specifications Simrad S2009 sonar:
- Languages 40 (including Spanish)
- Screen brightness 1200 cd/m2
- Maximum echosounder depths 3,000 m / 10,000 ft (depending on installed transducer)
- Standard Broadband and single-channel CHIRP echosounder transducers
- Transducers Echosounder Frequencies CHIRP 28-38kHz, 40-60kHz, 85-145kHz, 130-210kHz, Broadband 28kHz, 38kHz, 50kHz, 83kHz, 200kHz
- Screen size: 9 inches
- Screen resolution: 480 x 800
- Screen type: 9 inch LED - TFT LCD
- IPx7 waterproof rating standard
- Measurements: Width 224.3 mm / 8.83 in Depth 82.3 mm / 3.24 in Height 260.1 mm / 10.24 in
- Power Power supply (supply voltage) 10.8-31.2 V DC
The Simrad S2009 sonar includes: Simrad S2009 screen, sunscreen cap, power cable, mounting bracket and instruction manuals in Spanish.